Thursday, April 3, 2008

Crawfish Boil


Last weekend we
went to a crawfish boil at some friends' house. We really had a great time. Paul got to work on some crawfish and showed us how it's done!

I've lost count on which number plate he is on!
I think this one is done!

Jake experienced a wide variety of Louisiana cuisine at his first crawfish boil. First he tried a sweet gum tree ball that he picked up off the ground........
Next, he tries out a crawfish claw.......
























After literally months of trying to get Jake off the pureed baby food with no success, I decided to give jambalya a try. I have no idea what possessed me (except maybe the margarita I had been drinking) but to my suprise and delight he absolutely loved it! In fact, he yelled at me when I wasn't getting it into his mouth fast enough.



After "tearing up" the jambalaya, Jake got up the next morning and REFUSED any baby food that we gave him. He slapped our hands at anything that resembled baby food to him. It was the funniest thing, especially since I had worried that something was wrong. He truly is my little Cajun baby!!














Emma helped herself to the desserts after "accidentally" dropping her pizza on the ground. I think she chose wisely!
















Emma had fun riding the tire horse and jammin' to the live Cajun music on her badminton guitar.



Hannah chooses a winner for the crawfish race! Yes, I really did "say" crawfish race!!


And they're off.....sort of


Go Beaudreax, Go!!!


Hannah and a friend from church pose with a crawfish.

No comments: